I fully recognize I have my quirks. Everyone has things that make them cranky. Some more than others. I’d be in the “more” category.
In the city, my arch nemesis was parallel parking.
Good luck to anyone trying to cheer me up after a frustrating parking endeavor. In the van, it’s parking + other things. While I don’t have a Part 2 drafted yet, I figure it’s safe to assume that a Part 2 is forthcoming.
- Difficult uphill hikes or long approaches to climbs I want to do
- Getting my shoes wet while doing dishes
- Getting my shirt sleeves wet while doing dishes
- Getting my pants wet while doing dishes
- My phone battery dying every morning because it handles the cold worse than I do
- Some feminists losing their god damn minds over Colin’s hilarious blog post
- Parking Vaniel with an audience
- Tiny strands of hair blowing in my face
- Peeing on myself (because obviously)
- The dark
- Going outside to pee in the dark
- Waking up early, especially when it’s cold
- Colin turning off the car before a song I like hits its refrain/crescendo
- Colin telling me to smile when I’m cranky and happy being so, thankyouverymuch
- Colin asking why I’m cranky
- Being hungry
- Being tired
- Colin adding to this list after I adamantly asked him to
- Harder physical exertion than expected (also see approaches)
- Dishes getting dirty right after I wash them
- Reading the news
- Colin telling me a light hike/climb day was a “rest day”
- Desperately needing a shower to wash my hair
- Me trying to trick Colin by telling him I can’t do something and him reminding me “I’m an independent woman.” (Obviously a Colin submission. I don’t “trick”.*)
Over one year in van life and loving it. Hiker, rock climber, novice mountain biker, and professional napper. Official “documenter” of our time with Vaniel. Favorite podcast: Stuff You Should Know.